My performance is only a few hours away now!!! So I now have to focus on final preparation. I will do this by going through each of my pieces and making sure there are no mistakes and that I know my pieces inside out. If I do make any mistakes in my pieces, I will go back to them and go over them many times to make sure I know them well. I have memorised my lyrics for My Favourite Things and memorised most of my piano piece. Because there are four pages of sheet music for Sparrow, I have put them in plastic wallets, back to back in a folder so it is easier to turn the pages by myself and easier to read. I won't have my lyrics with me when I'm performing, so I have to make sure I have memorised the lyrics. Before my performance, I will go through the lyrics and make sure I know them inside out. Also, I will have to check my breathe control in My Favourite Things, so I will run through it and make sure I am breathing in the right places. Also, I will check my voice placement is right, such as using my head voice for the higher notes and chest voice for the lower notes.
Another thing I have to control is nerves. Before I go on, I will do breathing exercises to calm myself down. Also, I will be confident in myself as I have practised a lot and know my pieces well, so I will think positive thoughts and not put myself down as I sometimes do before I perform.
No comments:
Post a Comment