Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Practice Schedule--Sparrow piano piece

First of all, I have to warm up. So to do this I play some scales and arpeggios to warm up my fingers. Then I listen to the piece, only halfway through so far, and play it using the sheet music. In this video, I only play the first two pages as it would to much to go through all the way through already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vic3sLgNdGA&feature=youtu.be

 I talked with my piano teacher and she recommended doing short sections of the song, like a few bars, and doing this all the way through the song until I am happy with it and until it improves. When I have played the two sheets together, which I have in the video, I record it and see what bits I am struggling with. The bars I am struggling with, I will use my piano teacher's technique to improve them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_pfDdrZ--Y&feature=youtu.be


I do the right hand and left hand separately and then put it together slowly when I feel confident enough and gradually build speed as I improve on the section I'm working on.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6RaDWcVyD8&feature=youtu.be



After all this, I record myself again to see the improvement, then I make notes on what sections need work and more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment